IT'S MY GOAL TO CREATE A COMFORTABLE, SAFE ENVIRONMENT WHERE WE WILL WORK TOGETHER TO ACHIEVE YOUR THERAPEUTIC GOALS
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I adhere to their Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions. I am a fully insured, trained, qualified and experienced practitioner over ten years with thousands of counselling practice hours. I work from a fully functioning office and therapy space within my own home. Therapy normally commences following an initial assessment of your therapeutic needs in order to establish that a ‘good enough’ working relationship can be developed and I can work competently with your issues.
I have practised at charitable organisations, NHS General Practitioners, Family Tree St Catherine’s Hospital, NSPCC Childline Helpline, RASA Merseyside, Age UK, Cruse Bereavement Care, Chester Sexual Assault Service (CSASS) and EAP organisations. I currently work privately as well as freelance at a Liverpool University as a Specialist Cognitive Behaviour Therapist.
I began training as a counsellor in 2008 when I undertook their training to become a Volunteer Bereavement Counsellor with a well known charity.
I have undertaken formal qualifications in counselling as follows:
- Introduction to Counselling
- Levels 2 & 3 Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Counselling (CBT)
- Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- 101 Certificate in Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Foundation Course in TA
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Coaching
- Certificate in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Other training includes:
- Bereavement Training
- Training in Rape, Sexual Abuse and Assault, Satanic Ritual Abuse
- Children’s Counselling
- Adult and Children Safeguarding
- Relationship Training
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan
- Perinatal Mental Health
My voluntary experiences include:
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- Rape and Sexual Abuse (Merseyside)
- Marriage Care
- Age UK
- Family Tree
- Primary Care (GP Practices)
"I love the person I've become, because I fought to become her."
- Kaci Dianne